Thursday, September 18, 2008

Freedom Day


Journaling: Through my husband's company they had a volunteer opportunity. Station #3 of the Dallas Fire & Rescue was in need of some repair. So these individuals took a day and gave back to these brave men and women. Kyle and his team built some shelving units, swept, cleaned, painted, repaired parts of the ceiling, landscaped, refinished a table, and more in the short time they had. It made my them all very happy to be giving of their time and abilities. There was a ceremony/party afterwords where many firefighters shared their own experiences with 9/11, many had gone to NY and ground zero. I get tearful thinking of these great men and of the time my husband gave to them this day.

2 comments:

Rubi said...

These are all beautiful. I am really enjoying your scrapbook things on this blog. I myself tried to do the scrap book thing when my oldest was born, but I just didn't have the knack for it- but yours, they are gorgeous!

Dorsey said...

Thank you so much! I have attempted paper scrapbooking in the past, but this just seems easier to me.