Monday, October 13, 2008

A few poems

Years ago, when I was in high school and early college..I spent a lot of time writing poetry. So I decided to take some time and put these down on digital scrap pages. So here they are:


No one makes me feel
Quite the way I do
When I'm with no one else,
No one else, but you.

I pray this feeling lasts
Longer than they often say.
For I want to be with you,
And I want you to also want to stay.

You mean the world to me.
There's nothing I wouldn't do,
Nothing I wouldn't say,
To be wit no one else,

That is, no one else,
but you.

Few things can symbolize
The feelings that I have.
I can't really describe
Why these feelings are.

A dozen roses never say
As much as that one,
Single, solitary rose.
The feelings shared are special,
Feelings that come few times.

These are the feelings that I have for you.
Those of that one,
Single, solitary rose.
That will be the symbol of my undying love
For you, for always and forever!!

3 comments:

Kathleen @ Measuring My Life said...

Great writings!

Jewel Allen said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing this poetry. I love how you can say something big in just a few words.

Bobbie said...

LOVE the poems...